Spicy Shrimp Creole
- 4 links of hot Italian sausage cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz can of tomatoes with juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
This Creole style shrimp dish is made with the addition of spicy Italian sausage.
- In a saute pan add the sausage with a little oil and saute for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan along with the juice, bay leaf and basil.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the shrimp and cook for several minutes until pink.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice.