Spicy Shrimp Creole
|4 links of hot Italian sausage cut into bite sized pieces|
|1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 28 oz can of tomatoes with juice|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
This Creole style shrimp dish is made with the addition of spicy Italian sausage.
- In a saute pan add the sausage with a little oil and saute for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan along with the juice, bay leaf and basil.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the shrimp and cook for several minutes until pink.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice.