Swiss Cheese Puffs
- 1 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb of Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- large loaf of Italian bread
These cheese puffs may be made in advance and stored in the freezer for future use.
- Melt butter, cream cheese and Swiss in a double boiler.
- Stir in pepper and garlic until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cheese mixture. Keep mixture warm.
- Cube bread, leaving crust on and dip into the cheese mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet, cover and freeze.
- Once frozen add to plastic zip lock plastic bags until needed.
- To cook bake frozen cheese puffs in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes.