Swiss Cheese Puffs
|1 cup butter|
|8 oz cream cheese, cubed|
|1/2 lb of Swiss cheese, grated|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 egg whites|
|large loaf of Italian bread|
These cheese puffs may be made in advance and stored in the freezer for future use.
- Melt butter, cream cheese and Swiss in a double boiler.
- Stir in pepper and garlic until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cheese mixture. Keep mixture warm.
- Cube bread, leaving crust on and dip into the cheese mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet, cover and freeze.
- Once frozen add to plastic zip lock plastic bags until needed.
- To cook bake frozen cheese puffs in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes.