Texas Pecan Chicken Rolls
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 lb of fresh button mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 lb of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 1 tbs fresh
- 1 and 1/2 cups of pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
This is delicious chicken recipe that is crusted with pecans, and a creamy mushroom mixture.
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet or heavy pan to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the mushrooms and onion in 2 tbs of butter. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese with mustard and thyme.
- Spread mixture on each piece of chicken.
- Fold over ends and roll up, pressing edges to seal. Secure with tooth picks if necessary.
- Mix pecans and bread crumbs in bowl.
- Dip chicken into melted butter then dip into crumbs, turning to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until juices run clear.