Tomato and Smoked Gouda Quiche
|1 cup chopped onion|
|2 tbs butter|
|4 large tomatoes, peeled seeded, chopped and drained|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|2 cups smoked Gouda, shredded (divided)|
|1 unbaked pastry shell|
|1 and 1/2 cup light cream|
This is a delicious vegetarian quiche.
- In a saute pan, add the butter and saute the onion until soft, not brown.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt pepper and thyme.
- Cook over medium high heat until until liquid is almost evaporated. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle 1 cup of cheese into the bottom of the pie shell.
- Cover with the tomato mixture.
- Add the remaining cheese.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs well.
- Stir in cream and continue to beat until well combined.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake in pre heated 424 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.