Veal Cutlet Salad
- 1 head of radicchio
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 egg
- 6 veal cutlets
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs olive oil
This is a unique way to serve veal cutlets.
- Tear radicchio and watercress into bite sized pieces and toss with the olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.
- Arrange salad on a serving platter.
- Remove basil leaves from stems.
- In a shallow dish beat the egg with 1 tbs of water.
- Pound the veal cutlets to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut each cutlet in half.
- Arrange basil leaves and tomatoes in center of half of the veal.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the other half of the veal cutlet on top to form packets.
- Pound edges to seal.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Dip the veal into beaten egg and roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat 3 tbs of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook the veal packets until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange the cooked veal over the radicchio and watercress and serve.