Asian Pork Stuffed Clams
- 20 little neck clams in their shells
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, minced
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 1 scallion minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
These clams are the perfect appetizer.
- Wash clams under cold running water and remove any debris.
- Place in a saute pan along with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil,then cover.
- Reduce heat to simmer and wait until all clams have opened. About 5 minutes.Discard any that do not open.
- Cool and drain of liquid for another use.
- Remove the clams from their shells and chop up the meat.
- Separate each shell to make two halves.
- Combine the clams with pork, water chestnuts, onion,soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, salt, ginger, sugar and pepper. Mix well.
- Mound about 4 tsp of the clam-pork mixture inside each shell half.
- Arrange the shells on heat proof plates or banana leaves that will fit inside a steamer.
- To cook, place plate or leaves on a rack in the steamer. You will have to cook in batches.
- Cover and steam over boiling water for about 20 minutes or until pork is cooked through.