Bruschetta with Tomatoes Capers and Olives
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs capers, drained
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, toasted and sliced into 1/2 inch
This is a super simple delicious appetizer.
- Combine first 8 ingredients not including the parsley and let marinate for several hours if time allows.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices and toast in a 350 degree oven for 6 to 10 minutes. Do not over brown.
- Remove baguette slices from oven and top with a table spoon on the tomato mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.