Chicken Tortilla Salad
|2 tbs toasted sesame seeds|
|1 tbs white wine vinegar|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 head of romaine lettuce,sliced|
|1/2 cup sliced green peppers|
|tortillas cut into thin strips (2)|
|dash of hot pepper sauce|
A wonderful salad with spicy Mexican flavors.
- Combine sesame seeds, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 cup of oil and salt and pepper in a blender. Mix well.
- In a bowl combine chicken with hot pepper sauce and let marinate for about 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and fry tortilla strips.
- Remove tortilla strips and saute chicken in pan.
- When cooked, transfer chicken to large bowl and toss with all ingredients.
- Serve salad slightly warm.