Chicken Breasts Ratatouille
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup canola oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1/2 green pepper, chopped|
|1 eggplant, peeled and diced|
|1 zucchini, sliced|
|2 tomatoes, peeled and diced|
|10 mushrooms, sliced|
|1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste|
|2 cups water|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1/4 tsp chervil|
|Pinch of rosemary|
|Pinch of marjoram|
|1 and 1/4 cups chicken stock|
|2 tbs butter|
This is a rustic version of Ratatouille that is not classic, but is totally delicious.
- In a large skilled, heat 1/8 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Saute garlic, onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add remaining oils and saute remaining vegetables for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and water. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- In a dutch oven, combine chicken, stock and butter. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes.
- Served topped with hot ratatouille.