|2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved|
|1 cup flour|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup butter|
|2 cups sliced button mushrooms|
|1 cup Marsala wine|
|Parsley for garnish|
This is delicious poached in a classic wine sauce with savory mushrooms.
- Pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Coat chicken with mixture of salt, flour and white pepper.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet and saute’ mushrooms for several minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and add remaining butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and add wine.
- Simmer until chicken is done and sauce thickens.
- Garnish with parsley.