Chilled Curried Pea Soup
|1 (16oz) package of frozen peas|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|1 tbs chives|
|1 clove garlic|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup half and half|
This is a beautiful refreshing soup. This recipe calls for the use of frozen peas, however use fresh peas when they are available.
- Bring chicken stock to almost a boil.
- Add the peas and garlic then return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chives, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, then add to a blender or a food processor.
- Puree soup until smooth.
- Pour soup through a wire mesh strainer to insure that it is totally smooth.
- Chill soup overnight.
- Prior to serving, stir in half and half and garnish with chives.