Cornish Hens with Wild Rice Stuffing
|4 Cornish game hens, washed and dried|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 (8oz) box of wild rice|
|1 chicken bouillon cube|
|2 tbs butter|
|3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cup baked ham, cut into thin strips|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds|
|8 strips of bacon|
These Cornish hens are stuffed with a delicious wild rice stuffing and roasted draped in bacon.
- Rub the cavity and skin of each hen with lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding bouillon cube to water.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in parsley, ham and almonds.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine mushroom mixture with cooked rice.
- Stuff hens with mixture.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on top of each hen.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.