Fresh Pasta Tips
Here are some tips when using fresh pasta either homemade or store brought.
- Fresh pasta’s come in a variety of shapes and flavors and only take one to eight minutes to cook depending of the shape.
- Refrigerated pasta contains more moisture than dried pasta and cooks faster, so be careful not to overcook.
- Use the cooking time on the package as a guide, but also taste test the pasta.
- Fresh pasta cannot be cooked aldente, however take care not to over cook because it will become sticky.
- Do not rinse the pasta after cooking if you are going to serve it hot.
- You may rinse the pasta if you are serving it in a cold pasta salad the prevent it from sticking.
- Cooked pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Before storing rinse with cold water and toss with a little olive oil.
- To reheat, immerse pasta in a pot of boiling water just until warmed through.
- For added flavor cook pasta in chicken stock with a little fresh lemon or orange juice.