Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
|4 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|8 cloves of garlic, peeled|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbs of butter|
|1 tbs fresh rosemary or 1 tsp of dried, crushed|
|1 tbs chicken stock|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious version of mashed potatoes with garlic, rosemary and Parmesan cheese.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large sauce pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes and garlic to a sauce pan.
- Mash or beat with a hand held mixture until well combined.
- Add the cheese, butter, rosemary and chicken stock, beat until smooth
- Gradually beat in the half and half until fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with rosemary sprigs.