Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- 4 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary or 1 tsp of dried, crushed
- 1 tbs chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delicious version of mashed potatoes with garlic, rosemary and Parmesan cheese.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large sauce pan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes and garlic to a sauce pan.
- Mash or beat with a hand held mixture until well combined.
- Add the cheese, butter, rosemary and chicken stock, beat until smooth
- Gradually beat in the half and half until fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with rosemary sprigs.