Grilled Salmon with Gazpacho Salsa
|4 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick|
|1 cucumber, peeled seeded and finely chopped|
|1 medium red onion, minced|
|1 red pepper, chopped|
|2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp Tabasco|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup plus, 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil|
A delicious spicy way to serve fresh salmon.
- Combine cucumber, red pepper onion, tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture in blender or food processor and puree.
- Stir pure’e into remaining vegetables and cover. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Rub salmon steaks with remaining 2 tbs of olive oil and grill over hot coals until steaks are crisp and brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cut each steak in half lengthwise and place on a serving dish.
- Place a spoonful of salsa over each salmon steak.