Indian Pumpkin Curry Soup
- 2 cups of canned pumpkin
- 3 tbs of butter
- 1 cup of onions, minced
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup half and half
- Sour cream for garnish
- chives for garnish
This is a rich creamy soup bursting with Indian flavors.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Stir in curry powder, salt, pepper, coriander and red pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pumpkin and half and half and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool slightly and add to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Garnish with a dolup of sour cream and chives.