Indian Pumpkin Curry Soup
|2 cups of canned pumpkin|
|3 tbs of butter|
|1 cup of onions, minced|
|2 tsp of curry powder|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 tsp coriander|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1/2 tsp red pepper|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|2 cups water|
|1 cup half and half|
|Sour cream for garnish|
|chives for garnish|
This is a rich creamy soup bursting with Indian flavors.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Stir in curry powder, salt, pepper, coriander and red pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pumpkin and half and half and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool slightly and add to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Garnish with a dolup of sour cream and chives.