Kielbasa and Cabbage Stew
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 leeks, cleaned well and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (15oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 lb of kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Kielbasa and cabbage were made for each other. This is a stick to your ribs stew that is sure to satisfy.
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrots,leeks and onions to the pot.
- Cook vegetables until tender. About 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, cabbage and kielbasa.
- Add the caraway seeds and marjoram.
- Simmer until the stew is hot and the cabbage is tender. About 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.