Lobster Au Gratin
|1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut up|
|4 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard|
|1 and 1/2 cups light cream|
|3 tbs Parmesan cheese|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1 egg yolk, beaten|
|1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced|
|2 tbs sherry|
|bread bowl for serving (optional)|
This is a delicious creamy blend of lobster and mushrooms and Parmesan Cheese.
- Melt 2 tbs of butter and gradually stir in flour and mustard.
- Add cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Blend in the Parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
- Mix a little sauce into egg yolk, then stir yolk mixture quickly into sauce.
- Stir in 1 tbs of butter.
- Add lobster meat, mushrooms and sherry.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and dot with the remaining 1 tbs of butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned. About 15 minutes.
- The Au gratin may be serves in bread bowls if desired.