Lobster Au Gratin
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut up
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 and 1/2 cups light cream
- 3 tbs Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbs sherry
This is a delicious creamy blend of lobster and mushrooms and Parmesan Cheese.
- Melt 2 tbs of butter and gradually stir in flour and mustard.
- Add cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Blend in the Parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
- Mix a little sauce into egg yolk, then stir yolk mixture quickly into sauce.
- Stir in 1 tbs of butter.
- Add lobster meat, mushrooms and sherry.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and dot with the remaining 1 tbs of butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned. About 15 minutes.