- 1 lb of white fish fillets, with skin (1/4 lb each)
- 6 cloves of unpeeled garlic
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bunches of fresh thyme, chopped
White fish has a delicious flaky and slightly firm texture. This recipe brings out the wonderful flavor.
- Blanch garlic in boiling water for 15 minutes, until garlic is soft.
- Season and flour fish on each side.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- When oil is hot, place fish in pan, skin side down.
- While cooing fish, spoon pan oil over the top.
- When the fish is brown and crispy, turn the fish and continue cooking until done. Take care not to over cook.
- Remove fish fro pan, saving oil and garlic, and place on a warm plate.
- Add the chopped thyme to hot oil and cook until crispy.
- Pour hot oil thyme and garlic over fish and serve immediately.