- 1/4 pound of cook fresh salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs chopped scallions
- 3 tbs flour
- dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 5 egg whites
Absolutely delicious and a stunning way to serve salmon.
- Mix clam juice and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate sauce pan, saute the scallions in butter.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the ilk mixture, salt, pepper, tomato paste and oregano.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in egg yolks 1 at a time.
- Mix in salmon and all but 1 tbs of grated cheese.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Stir 1/4 of egg whites into the salmon mixture.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Turn mixture into a buttered 6 cup souffle’ mold and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fill mold only 3/4 full.
- Place souffle’ in the middle of a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Immediately reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve at once.