Sesame Crusted Fillet of Salmon
|2 lbs of salmon fillets, cut into 1/2 lb portions|
|2 ripe papaya's|
|1/4 cup white port wine|
|1 bunch of fresh basil|
|4 cups heavy cream|
|kosher salt to taste|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 oz's of sesame seeds|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
This is a uniquely delicious way to serve fresh salmon.
- Peel and remove seeds from papayas.
- Reserve 1 papaya for garnish.
- Coarsely chop 1 papaya and place in a sauce pan with white port and 1/2 bunch of basil.
- Simmer until port has almost evaporated.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by 1/3.
- Puree sauce in food processor or blender.
- Strain and season with salt and set aside.
- Season salmon fillets with pepper and dredge in sesame seeds.
- Saute salmon in olive oil until browned on both sides. Use medium heat and take care not to burn the sesame seeds.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Quarter the reserved papaya and slice each quarter into a fan.
- Divide sauce among dinner plates.
- Top each with a salmon fillet and garnish with papaya and sprigs of basil.