|1 lb of shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked|
|1 shallot, minced|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1 egg, slightly beaten|
|canola oil for frying|
|4 hamburger buns|
These burgers are full of shrimp and herbs.
- Peel and devein shrimp and poach in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Place the shrimp in a food processor along with the shallots, parsley, thyme and egg.
- Process until smooth.
- Remove shrimp from processor and chill the mixture for 1 hour.
- Form the shrimp into 4 patties and brown in a saute pan using medium high heat. About 3 minutes per side.
- Remove patties from pan and place on hamburger buns.
- Shrimp burgers may be served with lettuce tomatoes and tartar sauce or mayo.