|2 and 1/4 cups flour|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|3 tbs butter, softened|
|1 cup creamed corn|
|1/2 cup diced green chilies|
|1 tbs cilantro, chopped|
These are wonderfully moist biscuits with a southwestern twist.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg, corn, chilies and cilantro.
- Combine just until mixture holds together.
- Knead dough 10 times on a well floured surface.
- Pat dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter cut into 3 inch biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.