- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
These are wonderfully moist biscuits with a southwestern twist.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg, corn, chilies and cilantro.
- Combine just until mixture holds together.
- Knead dough 10 times on a well floured surface.
- Pat dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter cut into 3 inch biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.