Spicy Cheddar Cheese Corn Bread
|2 and 1/2 cups of flour|
|1 and 3/4 cups of corn meal|
|1 and 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese|
|1 cup of canned green chilies|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tbs of baking powder|
|1 and 1/2 tsp salt|
|2 cups milk|
|2/3 cup canola oil|
|2 eggs beaten|
This is a spicy version of classic corn bread filled with cheddar cheese and spicy jalapenos.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, cheese, chilies, jalapenos, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, oil and eggs and stir just until moist
- Spread into a 12 inch cast iron skilled or in a muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve or serve as individual corn muffins.