Spicy Cheddar Cheese Corn Bread
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups of corn meal
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of canned green chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbs of baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs beaten
This is a spicy version of classic corn bread filled with cheddar cheese and spicy jalapenos.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, cheese, chilies, jalapenos, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, oil and eggs and stir just until moist
- Spread into a 12 inch cast iron skilled or in a muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve or serve as individual corn muffins.