Spicy Sauteed Squash
|1 and 1/2 lbs of zucchini or yellow squash, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup vegetable juice|
|1 tsp sugar|
This is a wonderful side dish that will complement, beef, chicken or pork.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over low heat.
- Add squash, onions and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add scallions, salt, pepper, vegetable juice and sugar. Mix well
- Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.