Spicy Sauteed Squash
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of zucchini or yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable juice
- 1 tsp sugar
This is a wonderful side dish that will complement, beef, chicken or pork.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over low heat.
- Add squash, onions and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add scallions, salt, pepper, vegetable juice and sugar. Mix well
- Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.