Stilton and Pear Soup
|3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced|
|4 tbs butter|
|2 stalks celery, minced|
|1 large onion, minced|
|2 leeks,white parts only, cleaned well and minced|
|1/2 cup flour|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|1/2 lb Stilton cheese, diced|
Stilton cheese is one of our favorite blue cheeses which gains its genesis in the U.K.. This soup is full of wonderful flavors.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot.
- Add celery,onions and leeks.
- Saute until vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add remaining stock, Jack cheese and cream.
- Heat through.
- At this point soup may be chilled if desired.
- Place Stilton and pears in individual bowls.
- Ladle hot or cold soup into bowls.