Stuffed Yellow Squash
- 6 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cook and crumbled
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs butter
This is a great side dish. Squash is stuffed with bacon, onions, tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- In a large pot cover squash with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash are tender but firm, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain squash and cool slightly.
- Trim stems and cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove pulp and chop. Reserve shells.
- Combine pulp with onions, tomatoes, green pepper, cheese and bacon.
- Place squash shells in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into shells.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.