Stuffed Yellow Squash
|6 medium yellow squash|
|1 cup chopped onions|
|1 cup chopped tomatoes|
|1/2 cup chopped green pepper|
|1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|6 slices bacon, cook and crumbled|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 tbs butter|
This is a great side dish. Squash is stuffed with bacon, onions, tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- In a large pot cover squash with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash are tender but firm, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain squash and cool slightly.
- Trim stems and cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove pulp and chop. Reserve shells.
- Combine pulp with onions, tomatoes, green pepper, cheese and bacon.
- Place squash shells in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into shells.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.