Tomato Dill Soup
- 2 lbs of tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 2 tbs fresh dill, and additional for garnish
- 2 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
This is a rich tomato soup that may be served hot or cold. Serves 4.
- Saute’ scallions in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, dill, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered, until liquid is absorbed and mixture thickens.
- Transfer mixture to a blender of food processor.
- Add 1/2 cup of stock and puree the mixture.
- Return to the sauce pan and add the remaining stock.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and heat through.
- Garnish with dill.