- 1 1/2 cup lentils, washed
- 1 quart chicken stock or water
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 (12 oz) can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers or pimentos, chopped
This is a hearty bistro style soup, with lentils, green pepper, pimientos and tomatoes.
- Combine lentils, and water in a sauce pan.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Cook onion and peppers in melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Combine all ingredients and simmer covered for 30 minutes.