Zucchini Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs of zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of thyme, rosemary and garlic powder kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This Zucchini casserole is basically a crustless quiche.
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling salted water just until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and chop coarsely.
- Brown onion and sausage in a large saute pan.
- Drain off fat.
- Add zucchini and remaining ingredients, except for 2 tbs of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between (2) 8 inch pie plates.
- Sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until firm and brown.