Zucchini Sausage Casserole
|2 lbs of zucchini, ends trimmed|
|1/4 cup chopped onions|
|1 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage|
|1/2 cup cracker crumbs|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese|
|Pinch of thyme, rosemary and garlic powder kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This Zucchini casserole is basically a crustless quiche.
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling salted water just until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and chop coarsely.
- Brown onion and sausage in a large saute pan.
- Drain off fat.
- Add zucchini and remaining ingredients, except for 2 tbs of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between (2) 8 inch pie plates.
- Sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until firm and brown.