Asian Steamed Whole Fish
- 3lb whole fish , head on(snapper works) cleaned and scaled
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 small knob ginger, thinly sliced
This fish is an Asian taste sensation.
- Wash and dry fish with a paper towel.
- Arrange fish on a heat proof platter.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with onion, mushrooms and parsley.
- Mix soy sauce with lemon juice and ginger and pour over fish.
- Place platter on a rack set over roasting pan half filled with water and place over oven burners.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Steam over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.