Asian Steamed Whole Fish
|3lb whole fish , head on(snapper works) cleaned and scaled|
|1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 small knob ginger, thinly sliced|
This fish is an Asian taste sensation.
- Wash and dry fish with a paper towel.
- Arrange fish on a heat proof platter.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with onion, mushrooms and parsley.
- Mix soy sauce with lemon juice and ginger and pour over fish.
- Place platter on a rack set over roasting pan half filled with water and place over oven burners.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Steam over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.