- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups plus, chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- dash of kosher salt
- In a saute pan cook bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy.
- Drain all but 2 tbs of bacon fat and saute the onion and garlic and saute for another 3 minutes. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil and whisk in the corn meal.
- Add bacon.
- As the mixture thickens add more stock and the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and continue to stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Polenta may be served warm or you may refrigerate and when solid, cut into squares and fried.