|5 slices of bacon, chopped|
|1/2 cup onion, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups plus, chicken broth|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup yellow corn meal|
|dash of kosher salt|
- In a saute pan cook bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy.
- Drain all but 2 tbs of bacon fat and saute the onion and garlic and saute for another 3 minutes. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil and whisk in the corn meal.
- Add bacon.
- As the mixture thickens add more stock and the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and continue to stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Polenta may be served warm or you may refrigerate and when solid, cut into squares and fried.