Baked Halibut with Swiss Cheese
- 3 lbs of halibut steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Place halibut in dish and pour over lemon juice.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Combine the cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle fish with the mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.