Batter Coated Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|4 thick slices of pepper jack cheese|
|5 slices of French of Italian bread, crusts removed|
|3/4 cup milk|
|1/3 cup flour|
|2 eggs beaten with 1 tbs of water|
|3 tbs of butter|
This is a delicious spicy batter dipped grilled sandwich. You man substitute any cheese you like with this recipe.
- Trim cheese so slices are smaller than the bread.
- Make 4 sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread and 1 slice of the thick sliced cheese.
- Mix the flour, eggs and milk in a bowl then add to a shallow baking dish.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium high heat.
- Quickly coat the sandwiches, 1 at a time in the milk mixture. Let excess drip off then add the the saute pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Cook remaining sandwiches and add more butter if necessary.