Braised Beef Brisket
|1 (3 to 4 lb) beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 carrots, sliced|
|2 stalks of celery, sliced|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|1 head garlic, crushed|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|1 bottle amber beer|
|2 cups chicken stock|
This a wonderful way to cook tender delicious beef brisket.
- In a large roasting pan add olive oil.
- Place over double burners on stove top and using medium heat brown brisket on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Remove brisket from pan and add onions, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Soften vegetables, about 10 minutes.
- Return brisket atop vegetables and add beer and chicken stock.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and coo at 375 degrees for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from oven and let cool slightly.
- Slice across the grain and serve.