Cherry Almond Muffins
|2 and 2/4 cups flour|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp almond extract|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|1 and 1/2 cups sour cream|
|1 and 1/2 cups sour cherries|
|1 stick of butter, room temperature|
Cherries and almond flavoring work well together in this muffin. Makes 24 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tin cups or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, almond and vanilla extracts, sour cream and dry ingredients.
- ‘Mix until just moistened. (over mixing will make the muffins tough)
- Fold in the cherries.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are lightly browned.