Cherry Almond Muffins
- 2 and 2/4 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups sour cherries
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
Cherries and almond flavoring work well together in this muffin. Makes 24 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tin cups or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, almond and vanilla extracts, sour cream and dry ingredients.
- ‘Mix until just moistened. (over mixing will make the muffins tough)
- Fold in the cherries.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are lightly browned.