Cherry Tomato and Onion Salad
- 6 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This salad is flavored with garlic and oregano with offsets the sweetness of the tomatoes and onions.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place tomatoes along with onion and basil in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.