Chinese Stir Fried Pork with Broccoli and Green Onions
|1 lb of boneless pork loin, cut into strips|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|1 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|1 small bunch of scallions, white and green parts, cut on the diagonal|
|4 cloves garlic, smashed|
|1/2 lb of broccoli florets, blanched|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a quick version of a Chinese pork stir fry.
- Coat the pork lightly in cornstarch.
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat oil using high heat.
- Just when oil begins to smoke add the pork and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about 2 minutes, then add to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- In the same wok or saute pan add a little more oil then add the garlic, scallions, sesame oil and rice vinegar.
- Add the pork back to the pan and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.