|4 all beef hot dogs|
|1 cup of corn meal|
|1/2 cup of flour|
|2 eggs beaten|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|extra flour for dusting|
|1/4 cup milk, more if needed|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|dash of salt|
|4 Popsicle sticks or chop sticks cut in half.|
|canola oil for frying|
The key to making a great corn dog is the batter.Ingredients:
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbs of oil to dry ingredients.
- Add eggs.
- Slowly add milk while mixing to achieve a thick batter
- Insert pop sickle sticks into hot dogs.
- Add the extra flour to a shallow bowl and add the hot dogs and dust lightly.
- Remove excess flour from hot dogs and holding pop sickle sticks dip the hot dogs into the batter.
- Let excess batter drain then add directly to 360 degree oil in a large sauce pan or deep fryer.
- Cook until golden brown.