- 4 all beef hot dogs
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- extra flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup milk, more if needed
- 2 tbs canola oil
- dash of salt
- 4 Popsicle sticks or chop sticks cut in half.
- canola oil for frying
The key to making a great corn dog is the batter.Ingredients:
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbs of oil to dry ingredients.
- Add eggs.
- Slowly add milk while mixing to achieve a thick batter
- Insert pop sickle sticks into hot dogs.
- Add the extra flour to a shallow bowl and add the hot dogs and dust lightly.
- Remove excess flour from hot dogs and holding pop sickle sticks dip the hot dogs into the batter.
- Let excess batter drain then add directly to 360 degree oil in a large sauce pan or deep fryer.
- Cook until golden brown.