- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 jalepaeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 lb of jack cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 slices of bacon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Teriyaki sauce for glazing
This is a super simple chicken recipe with a southwestern twist. Alternatively the chicken can be grilled over charcoal.
- In a large bowl add the chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic and rosemary.
- Coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place each breast between several sheets of plastic wrap and pound until breast is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a cutting board and and an equal amount of cheese, jalapenos onions to the center of each breast.
- Roll breasts into a cylinder then wrap each breast with a piece of bacon.
- Secure each roll with several tooth picks.
- Cook chicken rolls on a grill or over charcoal turning frequently and baste several times with teriyaki sauce.Cool time should be about 10 to 15 minutes.