|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|4 garlic cloves, smashed|
|1 sprig of rosemary|
|2 jalepaeno peppers, chopped|
|1/2 lb of jack cheese|
|1 onion, chopped|
|4 slices of bacon|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Teriyaki sauce for glazing|
This is a super simple chicken recipe with a southwestern twist. Alternatively the chicken can be grilled over charcoal.
- In a large bowl add the chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic and rosemary.
- Coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place each breast between several sheets of plastic wrap and pound until breast is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a cutting board and and an equal amount of cheese, jalapenos onions to the center of each breast.
- Roll breasts into a cylinder then wrap each breast with a piece of bacon.
- Secure each roll with several tooth picks.
- Cook chicken rolls on a grill or over charcoal turning frequently and baste several times with teriyaki sauce.Cool time should be about 10 to 15 minutes.