Cream Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
This sauce is wonderful poured over ice cream, baked apple pie or pound cake.
- In a large sauce pan,gently stir together sugar, water and cream of tartar.
- Set over low heat and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and boil until syrup is a golden color. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour in whipping cream and stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Let cool for 10minutes before using.