Curried Carrot and Ginger Soup
|2 lbs of carrots, peeled and cut into rounds|
|4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth|
|1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs of fresh ginger, minced|
|2 clove garlic, minced|
|2 tsp of curry powder|
|1 tsp ground red pepper|
|Cilantro for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This soup is a flavor sensation that may be served hot or cold.
- Cut carrots into rounds.
- Place in a sauce pan along with chicken broth, ginger, garlic and spices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or allow to chill in refrigerator.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.