Fresh Tomato and Basil Soup
|2 lbs of fresh ripe tomatoes|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup basil leaves|
|1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp of sugar|
This is a super simple way to make delicious fresh tomato soup. Use the ripest tomatoes that you can find.
- Peel and seed tomatoes, then cut into chunks.
- Place tomatoes in a sauce pan with olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to a food processor or blender and add the broth and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sugar and return to the sauce pan.
- Simmer for several minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil.