Green Bean and Feta Salad
|2 lbs fresh green beans|
|1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|For the Vinaigrette:|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|4 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|1/4 cup scallions chopped|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
This is a delicious salad that can be prepared very quickly.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes until beans are firm/tender.
- Rinse beans immediately in an ice bath.
- Blend all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss beans with vinaigrette.
- Cover and chill beans in refrigerator overnight.
- Just before serving, add feta cheese and walnuts.