Green Bean and Feta Salad
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
This is a delicious salad that can be prepared very quickly.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes until beans are firm/tender.
- Rinse beans immediately in an ice bath.
- Blend all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss beans with vinaigrette.
- Cover and chill beans in refrigerator overnight.
- Just before serving, add feta cheese and walnuts.