Green Beans with Mushrooms and Walnut Dressing
|1 lb of small fresh green beans|
|1 lb of mixed small mushrooms|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|2 tbs walnuts|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs sherry|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/3 cup canola oil|
|1 tbs tarragon vinegar|
This is a salad with fresh green beans mushrooms and a savory walnut dressing.
- Cook beans in boiling water until al dente (firm to the tooth).
- Add beans to and ice bath to stop cooking.
- Slice mushrooms and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Puree walnuts , mustard, sherry, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and blend well.
- Combine green beans with dressing.
- Chill for several hours and serve.