Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1 gallon of whole milk
- 1 gallon of buttermilk
Ricotta is a very easy cheese to make at home.
- In a large stock pot add the whole milk and butter milk.
- Using medium heat bring almost to a boil. (do not boil)
- Stir and you will begin to see the curds separate from whey.
- Line a large strainer with several pieces of cheese cloth and slowly pour in the cheese mixture.
- Gather the cheese cloth and squeeze excess water out of the cheese making a tight ball.
- Hang the ball over the stock pot for several hours to all more of the water to drain. Squeeze again and place cheese in a covered container until ready to use.