Italian Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
|4 hot or sweet Italian sausages|
|2 cloves garlic|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|1 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
|4 Italian sandwich rolls|
Classic Sausage and pepper sandwiches.
- In a large saute pan using medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add the sausages and saute, turning frequently and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and add the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Cook peppers and onions turning frequently.
- Season with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the sandwiches in the oven.
- Add the sausages to the sandwich rolls and top with the peppers and onions.