Latin American Chicken Salad
|1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
|2 avocados, seeded and cut into chunks
|juice from 1 lemon
|1/2 cup plus 2 tbs of mayonnaise
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste
|3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
This is a new twist on chicken salad. It may be served on sandwiches in lettuce cups or on crackers or crusty bread as an appetizer.
- Season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Make sure chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and add to a large bowl.
- Add the avocado, scallions , lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Using your hands mix, smashing the avocados with the chicken and mayonnaise.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Serve on sandwiches or atop crackers or crusty bread.