Little Neck Clams with White Wine Shallots and Garlic
- 48 little neck clams, scrubbed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
This is a classic French preparation for shellfish.
- Wash and scrub clams.
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot using medium heat, add the olive oil, shallots and garlic.
- Saute for 1 minute then add the water and white wine.
- Add the clams, cover and cook until the clams open.
- Discard any clams that do not open.
- To serve add 12 clams to each of 4 bowls and add some of the broth.