Marinated Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon
|1 medium can of whole water chestnuts, drained|
|4 slices of bacon cut into 2 and 1/2 inch pieces|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
This is super simple delicious appetizer. You may cook under a broiler or over hot charcoal.
- Drain the water chestnuts.
- In a bowl add the water chestnuts along with the ginger and soy sauce.
- Let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Soak tooth picks in water for 20 to 30 minutes
- Remove water chestnuts from marinade and wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
- Place the bacon wrapped water chestnuts 5 inches under a broiler and cook until bacon is slightly.
- Or cook over hot charcoal until bacon is crispy.